Facing complex dental issues? Experience the transformative solutions of Oral Surgery at The Molesey Dental Practice in Molesey, Surrey. Book your consultation now to discover advanced, personalised care for a healthier, more confident smile.
What Is Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery is a specialised branch of dentistry focused on surgical procedures involving the oral and maxillofacial regions. These procedures address complex dental issues such as impacted teeth, jaw disorders, facial trauma, and corrective surgeries. Oral surgery encompasses a range of interventions, from tooth extractions and dental implant placements to corrective jaw surgeries and the treatment of oral pathology. The goal is to enhance oral function, alleviate pain, and improve the overall health and aesthetics of the oral and facial structures.
Who Can Benefit from Oral Surgery?
Oral surgery is beneficial for individuals who:
- Require Tooth Extractions: Individuals with severely damaged, decayed, or impacted teeth that need extraction.
- Seek Dental Implants: Those looking to replace missing teeth with dental implants for a secure and permanent solution.
- Experience Impacted Wisdom Teeth: Individuals with impacted or problematic wisdom teeth causing pain, infection, or misalignment.
- Need Corrective Jaw Surgery: Individuals with jaw irregularities, such as misalignment, malocclusion, or temporomandibular joint (TMJ) disorders.
- Suffer Facial Trauma: Those who have experienced facial injuries or trauma affecting the teeth, jaw, or surrounding structures.
- Deal with Oral Pathology: Individuals diagnosed with oral pathology conditions, including cysts, tumours, or lesions requiring surgical intervention.
- Undergo Pre-Prosthetic Surgery: Those needing surgical preparation for dentures, bridges, or other dental prosthetics.
- Seek Cosmetic Facial Procedures: Individuals interested in cosmetic facial surgeries, such as chin or cheek enhancements or facial rejuvenation.
- Require Bone Grafting: Those needing bone grafts to enhance the structure of the jawbone for dental implant placement.
- Face Sleep Apnoea Issues: Individuals with obstructive sleep apnoea may benefit from oral surgery to address airway obstructions.
Frequently Asked Questions
Recovery varies based on the procedure. Simple extractions may have a quicker recovery than complex jaw surgeries. Follow post-op instructions for optimal healing.
All surgical procedures carry some risks. Our oral surgeon will discuss potential risks and complications during the consultation.
The timing depends on the complexity of the procedure. Simple extractions may allow for a quicker return, while more extensive surgeries may require additional recovery time.
Depending on the procedure and patient preference, sedation options such as local anaesthesia, nitrous oxide, or intravenous (IV) sedation may be used.
Non-urgent procedures are typically postponed during pregnancy. Consult with our oral surgeon and obstetrician to assess the best course of action.
Follow pre-operative instructions provided by our oral surgeon, which may include fasting before the procedure and arranging for post-operative care.
Oral surgery, like any medical procedure, carries inherent risks. Potential risks of oral surgery may include infection, bleeding, and adverse reactions to anaesthesia or medications. There is also a risk of damage to surrounding structures such as nerves, blood vessels, or adjacent teeth. Postoperative complications, such as swelling, bruising, or difficulty in healing, can occur. In rare cases, patients may experience prolonged numbness, altered sensation, or infection in the surgical area. It’s crucial for individuals considering oral surgery to discuss potential risks with our oral surgeon, disclose their complete medical history, and follow postoperative care instructions diligently to minimise complications and promote optimal healing.
Why Choose The Molesey Dental Practice for Oral Surgery?
Choose The Molesey Dental Practice for expert oral surgery, where your oral health is our priority. Our skilled team ensures precise and comfortable procedures tailored to your needs. With prices starting from just £120 for a simple extraction, we offer accessible and transparent solutions without compromising on quality. Trust us for advanced care, personalised attention, and a commitment to your well-being. Book your consultation today and experience the excellence of The Molesey Dental Practice—where your smile receives the attention it deserves.
What Our Patients Say About Us
Get In Touch
Have questions about our oral surgery? We’re here to help! Simply fill in the form below and a member from our friendly will be in touch shortly.